The Miss South Africa pageant finale will be held in Cape Town for the first time next weekend.
The finale will get underway on the evening of Saturday 24 October 2020.
How to watch the Miss South Africa 2020 finale
The Miss South Africa finale will be broadcast on M-Net from 17:00 on Saturday.
Those eager for a more exclusive viewing experience can purchase a Miss SA 2020 Finale Live Full Show Pass for R114.99 (US$6,99 at 0.0699 to the Dollar).
The exclusive pre-show stream begins at 16:00 and the interview with Miss South Africa 2020 will go out directly after the main show.
“Watch the pageant finale live online and get access to an exclusive pre-show, access to view backstage and post crowning exclusive interview with Miss SA 2020,” the organisation state on their website.
“All you need is a mobile or desktop devices with a stable internet connection to watch the stream online.”
Miss South Africa 2020 finalists
From thousands of entries and a selection of fifteen semi-finalists the ten women who will compete for the crown of Miss South Africa have been selected.
Shudufhadzo Musida was the entrant voted directly into the top ten by a public vote held earlier this year.
The remaining nine were selected by a panel of expert judges.
A shot at Miss Universe 2020
The winner of Miss South Africa will represent Mzansi at the Miss Universe pageant which will see our own Zozibini Tunzi crown the 69th winner of the prestigious event.
Sasha-Lee Olivier, who assumed the Miss South Africa crown after Zozibini’s glorious crowning moment in 2019, will crown the new queen at the end of Saturday’s finale.
“We have whittled these finalists down from literally thousands of entrants and we honestly believe we have found the 10 women who, right now, represent everything Miss South Africa stands for,” said Stephanie Weil, CEO of the Miss South Africa Organisation.
“Any one of these girls could be crowned the winner but only one will take the crown from her predecessor Sasha Lee Olivier, so we can look forward to a very exciting pageant where our judges are going to have the extremely difficult task of choosing Miss South Africa 2020.”
The ten Miss South Africa finalists are (in alphabetical order of their first names):
- Aphelele Mbiyo (24) who was born in Mthata and raised in Port Elizabeth but currently lives in Johannesburg, holds a BA in Integrated Marketing Communications.
- Busisiwe Mmotla (27) is from Soweto and is a Senior & FET Phase teacher who graduated from the University of Johannesburg and is currently studying for a diploma in personal training.
- Chantelle Pretorius (24) from Tshwane, Gauteng, a full-time international model who is also finishing her B.Com Business Management degree through Unisa and has a diploma in nutrition.
- Jordan van der Vyver (24) comes from Greenpoint, Cape Town, and is an international model who usually spends half the year working overseas.
- Karishma Ramdev (25) who hails from Chatsworth in KwaZulu Natal, is now based in Joburg working as a medical doctor at the Charlotte Maxeke Academic Hospital.
- Lebogang Mahlangu (24) from Soshanguve, Gauteng, is a food scientist working in research and development for a large multi-national.
- Melissa Nayimuli (24) is from Butterworth in the Eastern Cape but now lives in Sunninghill, Johannesburg where she works as an account manager for a marketing agency.
- Natasha Joubert (23) who is from Centurion, Tshwane, has a B.Com in Marketing Management and works in PR at a firm of attorneys.
- Shudufhadzo Musida (24) comes from Ha-Masia in Limpopo and has a Bachelor of Social Sciences in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from the University of Pretoria. She is currently doing her BA Honours in International Relations at the University of Witwatersrand.
- Thato Mosehle (25) hails from Klerksdorp in the North West and is a medical doctor currently completing her internship with the aim of becoming an anaesthesiologist.