The African National Congress says the attitude of the City of Cape Town towards COVID-19 regulations is unfortunate.
This after police moved in to prevent a film shoot from going ahead at Camps Bay. Police Minister Bheki Cele halted the filming on Wednesday saying the crew was not complying to the COVID-19 regulations.
The City said earlier that it would approach the High Court to seek an urgent interdict against the police.
ANC caucus leader in the City of Cape Town, Xolani Sotashe says, “For the city to try and undermine the address of the President is so unfortunate and the Minister of Police has a responsibility to enforce the regulations as outlined by the President and other relevant Ministers and so for the city to try and compete with the national government is just out of order.”
The post ANC decries City of Cape Town’s attitude towards COVID-19 appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..