A second female doctor has been attacked and robbed at the Pelonomi Hospital in Bloemfontein on Saturday morning.
Free State health spokesperson, Mondli Mvambi, says the incident happened at the hospital’s parking lot where the doctor was robbed of her cellphone.
Mvambi says a security official, who went out to help the screaming doctor, was threatened with a firearm by the attackers who later fled the scene.
Earlier this week, a 24-year-old intern doctor survived an attempted rape at the hospital after biting off the tongue of his alleged attacker.
Health Minister Dr Zweli Mkhize visited the hospital and the victim’s family. Minister Mkhize lamented the lack of proper security at Pelonomi hospital.
Watch related videos:
The post Second female doctor attacked at Bloemfontein hospital appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..