Omotoso’s bail application postponed

SABC Digital News Omotoso Trial 1 1 - Omotoso’s bail application postponed

The judgment in the bail application of Pastor Timothy Omotoso has been postponed to Wednesday next week after court staff tested positive for the coronavirus.

The main case will resume on the same day in the High Court in Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape.

The postponement was discussed in the chambers.

Attorney Peter Dauberman confirmed that Omotoso is in quarantine until Monday.

The video below is about the bail application judgment:

Last week, the court heard closing arguments by both defence Advocate, Terry Price and state prosecutor, Nceba Ntelwa. Omotoso has been in prison for three years now.

Price is adamant that Omotoso should get bail because of the unjustified delays in the case. He presented evidence pertaining to Omotoso’s residential address when he called Omotoso’s wife to explain a series of addresses on where they had resided.

Price also told the court that the extradition law between South Africa and Nigeria would ensure that he is returned to the country, if he were to escape.

He however said that Omotoso was not a flight risk.

The state maintains that Omotoso is a flight risk, and is likely to tamper with the witnesses. Prosecutor Ntelwa says Omotoso is an illegal person in South Africa and likely to be deported.

The post Omotoso’s bail application postponed appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *