Omotoso bail application to resume on Monday

SABC News Omotoso 1 - Omotoso bail application to resume on Monday

The bail application of pastor Timothy Omotoso is expected to resume in the Port Elizabeth High Court on Monday after it  was postponed last week.

Omotoso remains in jail while his two co-accused, Zukiswa Sitho and Lusanda Solani are out on bail.

Prosecutor Nceba Ntelwa told the court last week that he had lined up witnesses in order to proceed with the trial as soon as the bail application is concluded.

Last week, the court heard that the witness who Omotoso’s defence intended to call would no longer be called due to availability.

The police officer who took down the statements of the victims is expected to take the stand on Monday. The state has also lined up the investigating officer from the Hawks to testify in the bail hearing.

Former State Prosecutor Ishmet Cerfontein gave evidence last week.

Defence Advocate Terry Price interrogated Cerfontein on allegations contained in a letter from state witness, Cheryl Zondo, complaining about  her conduct.

Advocate Cerfontein earlier told the court that she was threatened by Zondi’s brother, which prevented her from completing her investigation.

Below is Pastor Timothy Omotoso’s bid for bail:

The post Omotoso bail application to resume on Monday appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *