The bail application of pastor Timothy Omotoso is expected to resume in the High Court in Port Elizabeth on Monday. It was postponed last week.
Omotoso remains in jail while his two co-accused, Zukiswa Sitho and Lusanda Solani, are out on bail.
Omotoso and his two co-accused face 97 charges, including rape, human trafficking, racketeering and sexual assault.
The police officer, who took down the statements of the victims, is expected to take the stand on Monday. The state has also lined up the investigating officer from the Hawks to testify in the bail hearing.
Omotoso back in court:
Prosecutor Nceba Ntelwa told the court last week that he had lined-up witnesses in order to proceed with the trial as soon as the bail application is concluded.
Last week, the court also heard that the witness Omotoso’s defence intended to call would no longer be called due to availability.
Defence Advocate Terry Price interrogated former State Prosecutor Ishmet Cerfontein’s evidence last week, arguing allegations contained in a letter from state witness, Cheryl Zondo, complaining about her conduct.
Advocate Cerfontein earlier told the court that she was threatened by Zondo’s brother, which prevented her from completing her investigation.
Omotoso’s bid for bail:
-Reporting by Lwando Nomoyi
The post Omotoso bail application set to resume on Monday appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..