The rescue of 11 women suspected to be human trafficking victims in the Northern Cape and North West recently has put human trafficking in the spotlight.
According to the South African National Human Trafficking Hotline, current stats show that only 1% of victims are ever rescued.
This is how one can spot job scams linked to human trafficking according to the South African Police Service:
- They mostly ask job seekers to apply online.
- The jobs are advertised on social media.
- The jobs are usually lucrative and the payment is high.
- The job promises to pay for your air ticket and accommodation.
- The job is overpromising.
- There is no landline, physical address or it is not a registered company
The post LISTICLE: How to spot job scams linked to human trafficking appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..