Govt allocates more funds to fight Gender-Based Violence

SABC News Ramaphosa 3 - Govt allocates more funds to fight Gender-Based Violence

President Cyril Ramaphosa says 200 social workers will be appointed as part of government’s plan to fight Gender-Based Violence (GBV).  Ramaphosa made the announcement during his oral question session in the National Assembly.


He says while government previously announced that R1.1 billion would be re-allocated for the course of fighting GBV, the amount has now increased to R1.6 billion. “Two-hundred social workers will be appointed to provide targeted services to survivors at various social service centres including the national network of Thuthuzela Care Centres,” says Ramaphosa, explaining  how the money would be allocated.

Ramaphosa has also called on the Springboks to bring home the Rugby World Cup.

The Bokke will play against England this weekend for the title of new world rugby champions. Ramaphosa, who is flying to Japan on Thursday to attend the final, says he received a message from Arts and Culture Minister Nathi Mthethwa.

“We would ask all South Africans on Friday 13:00 to wear Springboks jerseys if they have one and pause for silence or in a car to blow their horns so that we send a clear message of support to the Springboks. “

The post Govt allocates more funds to fight Gender-Based Violence appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *