Eskom’s De Ruyter to address the media on Friday

SABC News de Ruyter - Eskom’s De Ruyter to address the media on Friday

Eskom’s Group Chief Executive Andre de Ruyter, will on Friday address the media at Megawatt Park in Sunninghill, Johannesburg, for the first time since taking the helm of the power utility last month.

De Ruyter is expected to outline his plans for Eskom.

The power utility is currently experiencing huge cost overruns, ailing infrastructure at some of its power stations and frequent electricity outages.

De Ruyter is likely to shed light on how the grid will accommodate Independent Power Producers.

The media briefing will also be the first this year without the former chairperson of the Eskom board Jabu Mabuza.

South Africans will hear if Eskom will be able to keep the lights on in the coming months.

South Africans have been hit hard by frequent load shedding despite government and the power utility reassuring the public that power cuts will be resolved.  This month the power utility published new schedules for load shedding.

Eskom says unexpected load shedding in January- was triggered by conveyer belt feeding coal from Eaxcrro mine to the Medupi power station.

Meanwhile, Eskom’s stage 2 load shedding will continue at nine o’clock on Friday morning as the system remains tight.

It says the system operator will continue to monitor the power grid closely, and we will give an update after reviewing the performance of the power system.

Click on the video below: 

The post Eskom’s De Ruyter to address the media on Friday appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *